Details for Adacel Polio vaccine and its components.
Registered as a booster in people aged ≥4 years.
Each 0.5 mL monodose vial or pre-filled syringe contains:
- ≥2 IU diphtheria toxoid
- ≥20 IU tetanus toxoid
- 2.5 µg pertussis toxoid
- 5 µg filamentous haemagglutinin
- 3 µg pertactin
- 5 µg pertussis fimbriae types 2 and 3
- 40 D-antigen units inactivated poliovirus type 1 (Mahoney)
- 8 D-antigen units inactivated poliovirus type 2 (MEF-1)
- 32 D-antigen units inactivated poliovirus type 3 (Saukett)
- 0.33 mg aluminium as aluminium phosphate
- 0.6% v/v phenoxyethanol
Also contains traces of:
- polysorbate 80
For detailed advice on vaccine dosage, administration, contraindications and precautions, please visit the relevant disease chapter.
- diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis vaccine, reduced antigen content formulation
- inactivated poliomyelitis vaccine
- international units
Printed content may be out of date. For up to date information, always refer to the digital version: https://immunisationhandbook.health.gov.au/vaccines/adacel-polio.