This page was added on 04 June 2018.
This page was updated on [date-counter-updated-date]. View history of updates
Registered for use in infants and children aged ≥6 weeks.
DTPa-HepB-IPV-Hib — diphtheria-tetanus-acellular pertussis-hepatitis B-inactivated poliovirus-Haemophilus influenzae type b conjugate vaccine
The vaccine is a combination vaccine and consists of both a 0.5 mL monodose pre-filled syringe and a vial containing a lyophilised pellet.
The vaccine needs to be reconstituted by adding the entire contents of the pre-filled syringe containing the liquid component to the vial containing the lyophilised pellet.
Each 0.5 mL reconstituted dose contains:
- ≥30 IU Diphtheria toxoid1
- ≥40 IU Tetanus toxoid1
- 25 µg Pertussis toxoid (PT)1
- 25 µg Filamentous Haemagglutinin (FHA)1
- 8 µg Pertactin (PRN)1
- 10 µg Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg)2,3
- 40 D-antigen units Inactivated Poliovirus Type 1 (Mahoney)4
- 8 D-antigen units Inactivated Poliovirus Type 2 (MEF-1)4
- 32 D-antigen units Inactivated Poliovirus Type 3 (Saukett)4
- 10 µg Haemophilus influenzae type b polysaccharide (Polyribosylribitol Phosphate)3
- 20-40 µg Haemophilus influenzae type b polysaccharide (conjugated to tetanus toxoid protein)
1 adsorbed onto aluminium hydroxide/phosphate
2 produced in yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) cells by recombinant DNA technology
3 adsorbed on aluminium phosphate
4 propagated in VERO cells
Also contains traces of:
- polymyxin B sulfate
- neomycin sulfate
For Product Information and Consumer Medicine Information about Infanrix Hexa visit the Therapeutic Goods Administration website.
Additional vaccine information
For detailed advice on vaccine dosage, administration, contraindications and precautions, and variations from product information, please visit the relevant disease chapter/s.
May contain yeast proteins.