Details for ProQuad vaccine and its components.
Registered for use in children aged 12 months to 12 years.
MMRV — measles-mumps-rubella-varicella combination vaccine
Lyophilised powder in a monodose vial with a pre-filled diluent syringe.
Each 0.5 mL reconstituted dose contains:
- ≥103.00 culture infectious dose 50% (TCID50) of live attenuated measles virus (Enders’ attenuated Edmonston strain)
- ≥104.30 TCID50 of live attenuated mumps virus (Jeryl Lynn B level strain)
- ≥103.00 TCID50 of live attenuated rubella virus (Wistar RA 27/3 strain)
- ≥103.99 plaque-forming units of live attenuated varicella-zoster virus (Oka/Merck strain)
- 20 mg sucrose
- 11 mg hydrolysed porcine gelatin
- 2.5 mg urea
- 16 mg sorbitol
- 0.38 mg monosodium L-glutamate
- 0.25 mg recombinant human albumin
- 5 µg neomycin
- residual components of MRC-5 cells
- 0.5 µg bovine serum albumin
Printed content may be out of date. For up to date information, always refer to the digital version: https://immunisationhandbook.health.gov.au/vaccines/proquad.