Details for ProQuad vaccine and its components.
Registered for use in children aged 12 months to 12 years.
MMRV — measles-mumps-rubella-varicella combination vaccine
Lyophilised powder in a monodose vial with a pre-filled diluent syringe.
Each 0.5 mL reconstituted dose contains:
- ≥103.00 culture infectious dose 50% (TCID50) of live attenuated measles virus (Enders’ attenuated Edmonston strain)
- ≥104.30 TCID50 of live attenuated mumps virus (Jeryl Lynn B level strain)
- ≥103.00 TCID50 of live attenuated rubella virus (Wistar RA 27/3 strain)
- ≥103.99 plaque-forming units of live attenuated varicella-zoster virus (Oka/Merck strain)
- 20 mg sucrose
- 11 mg hydrolysed porcine gelatin
- 2.5 mg urea
- 16 mg sorbitol
- 0.38 mg monosodium L-glutamate
- 0.25 mg recombinant human albumin
- 5 µg neomycin
- residual components of MRC-5 cells
- 0.5 µg bovine serum albumin
For detailed advice on vaccine dosage, administration, contraindications and precautions, please visit the relevant disease chapter.
Printed content may be out of date. For up to date information, always refer to the digital version: https://immunisationhandbook.health.gov.au/vaccines/proquad.