This page was added on 05 May 2022.
This page was updated on [date-counter-updated-date]. View history of updates
Registered for use in adults aged ≥50 years
Recombinant Varicella Zoster Virus glycoprotein E antigen (ASO1B adjuvanted vaccine)
Powder and suspension
Each 0.5 mL reconstituted dose contains:
- 50 micrograms of gE antigen
- Polysorbate 80
- Monobasic sodium phosphate dihydrate
- Dibasic potassium phosphate
These are adjuvanted with ASO1B Adjuvant System (Suspension). The adjuvant includes:
- plant extract Quillaja saponaria saponin (QS-21) (50 micrograms)
- 3-O-desacyl-4’-monophosphoryl lipid A (MPL) from Salmonella minnesota (50 micrograms)
- Cholesterol Sodium chloride
- Dibasic sodium phosphate
- Monobasic potassium phosphate
For Product Information and Consumer Medicine Information about Shingrix visit the Therapeutic Goods Administration website.
Additional vaccine information
For detailed advice on vaccine dosage, administration, contraindications and precautions, and variations from product information, please visit the relevant disease chapter/s.